Go Back   RGN - Reliable Global News > RGN Game News > MISC Games - Discussion

MISC Games - Discussion Gaming NEWS & Discussion of SP/MP Games not a topic elsewhere.

What's Going on With PC Games?
Old 02-18-2015
Site Owner - Administrator

RFMariano is a splendid one to beholdRFMariano is a splendid one to beholdRFMariano is a splendid one to beholdRFMariano is a splendid one to beholdRFMariano is a splendid one to beholdRFMariano is a splendid one to behold
Default What's Going on With PC Games?

Why has the PC Game Market become a Wasteland?

Folks, is it me or am I really seeing lousy games, rinse & repeat games and poor sequels being released with the magazines, (both online and hard copy), proclaiming how wonderful they are? Are they serious or bought and paid for?

As far as I can see, the new games (less than a dozen) are all aimed at what seems to be .. 8 to 14 yr old players. Multiplayer is so anemic its a joke. Nothing of real and genuine substance - all eye candy and fluff. Honest to goodness FPS games (especially WW2) are MIA.

Again, is it me or are you seeing these things too?

Even some of the F2P games have reverted with "new", all hyped up release promos of the previously F2P versions touting added content thus warranting the pay to play status.

I know some of you have wondered why the coverage for games has been "rather lean".. the answer is simple; "There's nothing exciting and new to report!"

Comments?

Regards,

Old 02-18-2015
Lieutenant General (Moderator)

[3rdArmy]CW-4 is a truly talented, fearless leader

I tried WoT and the game was great when it came to tank movement. But I found that it looked like unless I made some micro transactions I wouldn't live very long. Also the re-spawn system sucked. Get killed early and you might have to wait 15 minutes to play again.

"We've made many compromises already, too many retreats. They invade our space
and we fall back. They assimilate entire worlds and we fall back. Not again. The line
must be drawn here! This far, no farther!"

~ Capt. Jean-Luc Picard, USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-D).

Old 02-19-2015
V.I.P.

Dak Knight is a truly talented, fearless leader

i gotta be gettin old, since we lost the ability to run our own servers i have not even looked at another game other than the arma series where we can. i visit the early series of moh and cod for sp play but thats it. i have always preferred the ww2 scenario and miss that. i run my own home server of arma arrowhead so that i can play with the i-44 mod in ww2.

all these new twitch shooters today i have no interest in at all. like i said i must be gettin old and miss the early days of fun and the meeting of new friends as compared to today. Sigh

Its Soldiers Who Give Us Our Freedom, Not Our Leaders.

Old 02-20-2015

RFMariano is a splendid one to beholdRFMariano is a splendid one to beholdRFMariano is a splendid one to beholdRFMariano is a splendid one to beholdRFMariano is a splendid one to beholdRFMariano is a splendid one to behold

Its a damn shame.... we supported these developers with our cash, time and energy. Sure, we got a game to play.
But the developers got BIG Heads and decided to tell us what we were gonna play - BIG MISTAKE. When we complained, we were told in so many words and action "OUR WAY OR THE HIGHWAY". We chose the highway as many, many others have done. When the developers and publishers fail to listen to those paying the bills (Consumers), they're destined to ultimately either wise up the hard way or fail. THQ comes to mind.
The may have made the quick buck but at the same time, they killed the genre and in the end, some will fade away in the coming shakeout.
Now, as all can see, with the rewards dealios, free weekends, double and triple points weekends and all sorts of whacky promotions, they're struggling to come up with real winners.

One developer/publisher was so intent on the gouge, they screwed up their promo deals. Another well thought out exercise in screwing the consumers.
Sadly, the recent releases and planned releases suck.

Comments?

Regards,

Old 02-20-2015

I still play COD4 every now and then. And if you go to Gametracker, you will see that there are more COD4 players on line, most times, that COD-AW or any other COD title. One would think that the COD developers would get a clue, but sadly Activision wants the $$$ every year and really doesn't care about the PC crowd as long as the console sells.

and we fall back. They assimilate entire worlds and we fall back. Not again. The line

Old 02-20-2015

=GG= Mr Moe has a spectacular aura about=GG= Mr Moe has a spectacular aura about

Well, at this point the only thing that I may be interested in is The Witcher 3. There are no FPS on the horizon that seem interesting.

Old 02-21-2015

sadly, I went through ALL the major gaming News sites again....

Ya want D & D games? Board Games? Turn based games? Strategy Games? Most Remakes, Sequels and or "enhanced" re-releases?? The you are all set. Except most are in third person.

Not one WW2 FPS game. I guess the Einstein developers and publishers feel they've "milked it dry". Wrong many, older players want their WW2 fps Mp games.. Will somebody please WAKE UP!!

All very sad.

No, in reality, the game prospects for 2015 are lookin' mighty lean.

Regards,

Old 02-23-2015

I guess nobody really gives a shit......

Another week of true, nothingness as far as new innovation games and especially, NEW WW2 MP shooters.

Oh well, back to Grimrock 2.

You know ladies ...
If you don't take the initiatives to make yourselves heard... regardless of the consequences, you always question your own integrity and ideals. You want better games and better support? Grow some balls and tell the Developers what you want. They'll either sincerely listen attentively or react with emotional immaturity as we saw some do. Either way, you'll know you were heard and made an impact.
Speak up!! Or, forever shrink away and slither into the shadowy recesses of yesterday.

Comments?

Regards,

Old 02-23-2015

As long as the developers and publishers pander to the arcade crowd and the $$$ the guys that take gaming a bit more seriously will always be left out. Today it's all about leader boards and badges, and look at me.

Old 02-26-2015
V.I.P.

Dak Knight is a truly talented, fearless leader

I agree Cw-4 , they all want full control of their poor performing games, having the player being able to have the tools and control of his own server many great servers with awesome mods were out there, people pitched in for the most part and helped each other and some great communities were formed and one could go on a server and know most of the other players, i dont see that today.

As long as the younger ones fall for the gimmicks and keep buying, a return to what made those games popular will not happen

Its Soldiers Who Give Us Our Freedom, Not Our Leaders.

Old 03-01-2015
V.I.P.

DragonFly has a spectacular aura aboutDragonFly has a spectacular aura about

I do not think we will ever see a new WWII fps game. WWII simply is too long ago.
Even here in belgium, some school kids (age 14 -16) don't even know what WWII is... It had to be put on the curriculum, by rule, so they are taught about it in school.
Think they want to play it as a game???? Think again.

Game makers and publishers therefore are not interested in that era any more.

As to why they stopped making interesting FPS -computer game all together, I have no clue.

Last edited by DragonFly; 03-01-2015 at 09:22 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 03-01-2015

Fly, its all about CASH.

Wait 'till you see our favorite devs go console.... guaranteed.

Regards,

Old 03-01-2015

=GG= Mr Moe has a spectacular aura about=GG= Mr Moe has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFly View Post
I do not think we will ever see a new WWII fps game. WWII simply is too long ago.
Even here in belgium, some school kids (age 14 -16) don't even know what WWII is... It had to be put on the curriculum, by rule, so they are taught about it in school.
Think they want to play it as a game???? Think again.

Game makers and publishers therefore are not interested in that era any more.

As to why they stopped making interesting FPS -computer game all together, I have no clue.

Well, that just means that the ones that do make a WW2 game will be all the more popular as the players will be spread around less. Hopefully the ones that do take the time to make them properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFMariano View Post
Fly, its all about CASH.

Wait 'till you see our favorite devs go console.... guaranteed.
I think that switch to consoles will mostly be inevitable.

Right now I'm hoping it can be delayed as long as possible until the possibilities/capabilities of consoles will mimic PCs more. I think in the near future despite the development challenges for games made on PCs, the games will still be much better there.

Old 03-07-2015
Mapper/Modder

Drecks is on a distinguished road

Probably these new Steam machines with Steam OS bring some good news.
If one gets this Steam OS running on a PC like a Dual boot with another OS

Old 03-08-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drecks View Post
Probably these new Steam machines with Steam OS bring some good news.
If one gets this Steam OS running on a PC like a Dual boot with another OS
The only reason I consider deferring to consoles is because of the economy and the relatively lower cost associated with consoles. The games cost about the same whether for PC or console.

The Steam OS has long way to go...

About Steam Machines;
"The PCs on offer run the gamut of power and price, ranging from $479.99 for the cheapest, an Alienware machine with an i3 processor, a 2GB GeForce GTX graphics card and 4GB of DDR3L ram, to the top of the range Falcon Northwest Tiki - which maxes out at $4,999 for a fearsome machine with a wealth of bells and whistles, including a granite base to secure the unit. All share the common components of a small form factor and...distinctive styling."
Personally speaking this year so far, has proven to be among the most lean years for new games. Especially WW2 FPS Multiplayer offerings.

Seems what is released is aimed at a lower age and much larger market.

Regards,