Go Back   RGN - Reliable Global News > RGN News, Reviews & Editorials > Editorials

Editorials Editorials, Rebuttals, Essays & Reviews

September 13, 2011 - RO2 Released
Old 07-28-2013
Site Owner - Administrator

RFMariano is a splendid one to beholdRFMariano is a splendid one to beholdRFMariano is a splendid one to beholdRFMariano is a splendid one to beholdRFMariano is a splendid one to beholdRFMariano is a splendid one to behold
Default September 13, 2011 - RO2 Released

September 13, 2011

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad, Release date

Editorial, July 28, 2013
by Mike Nomad

Can you believe it? The Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad TWO YEAR Anniversary is right around the corner. Its been almost two years already. They say when time passes quickly, you must be having fun. Really?

I mean - REALLY??

Through a steady succession of updates and fixes, (all of which are chronicled here), we find ourselves at the doorstep of the two year mark.

Sure, TWI has supported the product and even released a quasi expansion (Rising Storm) that has proven they have the ability to venture into territory where others have often failed. Depicting jungle warfare in a game, making it appear, feel and seem real, relatively speaking, is a major accomplishment.

The fact is, there is no doubt that TWI games play well. Do the games, RO2/RS, cry out for fixes and enhancements? Do they need improvement? You bet!

Unfortunately, like many of their predecessors, minimal successes have seemingly gone to their heads. They are not the same TWI we knew. A TWI that was respected and eagerly evangelized for through the years. When they were a younger developer group they interfaced and meshed with the users quite well. Not any longer.

These days, we find John Gibson, President of TWI, "hamming and mugging it up" like a carnival barker selling tickets to a sideshow in "mickey mouse" videos. We like many, feel he is out of his element. From bad-mouthing other developers and their products to carrying on self-aggrandizing promos.
Gibson is the President of TWI, he should be doing videos of messages to the users, talking points of plans and ideas. Keeping the user interest high and at the same time showing the users TWI cares. Gibson is supposed to be the leader. The fearless leader so to speak. Not an emotional cripple, negatively overreacting to every disagreeable situation and worse yet, to constructive criticism.
Gibson must be a leader who's making great things happen - bringing new ideas and concepts to fruition and most of all, ensuring the current products are fully supported and demanding TWI be responsive to users needs and wants - first and foremost.

Then we have Alan Wilson, Vice President of TWI, who for all intents and purposes seemingly proports himself as "Chief Liaison Officer" between the Corporation and the Userbase. Unfortunately, he's lost grasp of the true responsibility of TWI toward the userbase and its perception of TWI. He's now engaged in mass emails, rewriting their forum rules, attempting to propel those rules into other forums attempting to dictate policy to them and finally, making threats of bans and what not. Sad, all very sad. No wonder their "Official" Forum Support Site is called a ZOO.

True Professionalism?

This ..is a Game Developer? A corporation that depends upon the users for their very livelihood? As the rhyme goes "The poor little sheep have lost their way.." Mr. Wilson, maybe they do things like that back in the UK but in the USA, we firmly believe in and embrace truth. Truth that's reinforced by what's known as the Sunshine Laws, the Bill of Rights, the US Constitution and lastly, the supportive US Law and individual State law. You sir, are doing business in OUR country. At least be gracious enough to abide by our laws and traditions of truth just as we do.
To mass email RGN members and God only knows who else, referencing your Gestapo-like forum rules which now contain veiled threats of expulsion from the TWI Official Support Forums if it or the staff are questioned or brought to task by any user, either in your forums or elsewhere, is so offensive its laughable.
No, actually its more like a poor SNL-like parody. They're not forums any longer? Just a TWI Corporate podium and sandbox? That's good for your forums and we certainly applaud your efforts. Don't try to force your will upon us or any other forums. It only stiffens our resolve. You cannot hide the truth using divisive threats and sly diversions.

The Bottom Line

In reality, Not you or, anyone else has a say so over our or anyone else's forums, no matter the depth and breadth of the insinuations and threats. You should be, for all intents and purposes, engaged in a sweeping reform of the entire TWI forums and Staff instead.

Refocusing attention on user satisfaction by;
  • eliminating moderation of first few new user posts as it discourages new users.
  • being timely in response to white list submissions - takes too long now.
  • not stifling the user input about faults in the programs because they've "offended you". (not everyone is diplomatic)
  • fixing "going prone" its a burning issue that's destructive toward keeping new and old users alike. That's beside being an industry joke.
  • ending user abuses (like talking down to users and/or slinging insults) by your staff. (by both Corporate and Forum Staff) You do it to them - expect it in return!
  • eliminating the use of phantom accounts to create traffic through controversy. That is just plain wrong and no litany of off-the-wall nonsense can excuse or explain it away - just end it.
  • limiting the powers of the staff due to the incessant intrusive behavior of the forum staff abuses by;
    • editing user posts without proper user notification and prior notice.
    • hijacking threads to suit their needs or chastising select users for alleged hijacks while ignoring other blatant hijacks.
    • deleting user posts without proper user notification and prior notice.
    • changing user post content without proper user notification and prior notice.
    • moving and/or deleting user posts without proper user notification and prior notice..
  • retraining and/or replacing abusive forum Administrators/Moderators to discontinue the abusive nature exhibited and eliminating their emotional knee jerk reactions resulting in unwarranted punitive measures taken against users.
The abusive activities in the ZOO are over the top and has to stop. Else.. the crescendo of protests present will only increase until users give up in desperation and leave. Instead of addressing the underlying causes, you attack the messengers. Brilliant!!
The current attitudes and policies in use by TWI are virtually sinking the ship. TWI cannot keep users now!! TWI practically gives the programs away and still.. once the users, many have been attracted, try the game(s) and subsequently encounter the litany of troubles and finally join the TWI "Official" forums for help, instead of help, they get hammered and leave - disgusted.
The much desired user retention levels pursued under the current TWI policies have been and obviously are, an ongoing and absolutely pitiful disaster.

Think of the users - ALL the users

The users want results not posturing, pomposity, goofy policies, resolutions and edicts. Each and everyone of them bought and paid for your products and have repeatedly offered constructive critiques, begged for fixes and sought revitalization of the game's potentials. Only to be rebuffed, ignored and ridiculed either directly and/or indirectly. Its time you thought of and cared for all the users before they too ..leave. Just as the majority of original RO users have.

Doubletalk from your subordinates only reflects the inner thinking of the TWI Corporation heads. The colliding mapping contests and incessant delays in releasing the first RO2 contest winners are only the latest incidents. Calling another contest on top of one that is not concluded is not only comical its farcical and simply put, magnifies the unfortunate perception of TWI at this time.

You need all the users... not just your fanbois! Wake Up!!

Update; Gibson's reaction to this editorial only magnifies his extreme leadership and emotional problems. A totally negative reaction instead of realizing the entire Editorial is constructive criticism meant to help TWI.

Comments Welcome

Regards,

Old 07-28-2013
V.I.P.

spudwrench has a spectacular aura aboutspudwrench has a spectacular aura about

Very well put and absolutely truthful. They need to dump the QA garbage and focus on Customer Relations. They may know a lot about gaming programs, but very little about how a corporation runs. User input should be having their immediate attention and have them scrambling to satisfy their wants and needs.

There have been many outstanding suggestions and improvements mentioned in their forums that would have escalated them to the top of the gaming world, but they choose to downplay it and come across as the ultimate game authority and talk down to anyone that doesn't hold them up high in that position.

Sure wish I had more time on my hands to gather the facts and write a more comprehensive critique(eg: any interview John Gibson has had with gaming magazines where he constantly states how much they support mappers and modders). One of these days I will, but work and wanting to play take a lot of my time. lol. What a truly potentially filled program to be hijacked by a bunch of swelled head buffoons. Damned shame.

Old 07-28-2013
V.I.P.

Flintlocke is on a distinguished road

That is the PM I had been sent, but back onto the editorial. It rings very true, it is sad to see a good group of people go down the path of EA and their ilk. Shameful really.

Old 07-28-2013
CPL

Floyd is on a distinguished road

Truth be told, I think spudwrench pretty well nailed it with one sentence: "They may know a lot about gaming programs, but very little about how a corporation runs."

I'm not tooting my own horn, but living in a small community I have the (mis-)fortune of serving on the boards of several different and varying small entities. Serverd on the school board for 20 years (treasurer of said board for 8). I'm also the treasurer of local cotton gin (approximately 60 stockholders....this Saturday, we made the tough decision to close its doors and put 5 fulltime employees out of work). On the board of a local bank. On the parish Library Board of Control (that name conjures up visions of a gaggle of old ladies censoring books...lol). And I'm a farmer extraordinaire (if I say so myself..)

From past experience, I've seen the symptoms TW is bleeding. From the outside looking in (and I hate speculating), it appears to me that there was some turnover in TWI about mid-way through the development of RO2. My speculation is that the controlling management wants to micro-manage every aspect of the corp with an iron hand. That alone will stifle ingenuity and progressive thinking. It'll leave the 'hired hands' feeling like pawns instead of a vital part of the company and kill productivity.

But what do I know? I probably know about as much about coding software for games as 'the powers that be' at TW know about management techniques.

Old 07-29-2013
1st Lieutenant

Fishsticks is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd View Post
But what do I know? I probably know about as much about coding software for games as 'the powers that be' at TW know about management techniques.
Yep....I'm pretty sure that programmers, nerds, and computer geeks usually don't qualify as managers of human beings. Most of the people that fit into a nerd category aren't exactly aces in real communication (as I'm sure we all remember the awkward computer nerds from high school and college). The same rule of thumb applies to gaming devs.

Old 07-29-2013
Wizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodius Pulcher View Post
I saw that the other day Flint and it irked me a bit. Seemed rather threatening if you asked me. These clowns take this gaming community for granted. IMO this game has the most dedicated player base I have ever seen.
Read the bolded part. That is absolutely true. Anyone or any gaming house who has such a player base and does not "capitalize" on it is a damn fool and will be remembered as such in the future.

I have seen some dedication in the 13 years I have been involved with online gaming but RO/RO2/RS has the best. What I have seen is the talent to propel this game a few levels upward. So much potential is being lost due to for whatever reason and the reasons are many.

TWI you have the know how, the tools and the community who will have your back and support you. Support us "ALL" and be that once awesome and great community company of yesterday, ie, RO. Sure your a company now and you do have to make money I do understand that and I support that. But come back down to our levels and lets get this game to where it belongs, on the top.

I see a field of potential, talent and community involvement that can do this. We ALL will just have to work together to make it happen.

Wizz

Old 07-29-2013

RFMariano is a splendid one to beholdRFMariano is a splendid one to beholdRFMariano is a splendid one to beholdRFMariano is a splendid one to beholdRFMariano is a splendid one to beholdRFMariano is a splendid one to behold

Ah yes...... lovely words of wisdom to be embraced by all of us.

Will it come to pass? Time will tell.....

Regards,

Old 07-29-2013
Major

Tally is an unknown quantity at this point

Ever since John Gibson tried to make out that RO2 would out sell Call of Duty in PC Gamer magazine, and then went to FPSAdmin and tried to defend that position, I knew the guy was an idiot. That's why I didn't bother supporting RO2 (which I purchased) because, if the President of the company is an idiot, you can bet the rest of the company/staff are idiots as well. Idiots can't hire talent because mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself (only talent recognizes talent).

Also, when Gibson replies to any of his critics, he patronizes them rather than try to win them over. He talks to people like they are the idiots and not himself. Only a fool would play at being a PR man when they are not very good at it.

And finally, I'm glad to see my old sparing partner Butch - Keith Leahy - Cassidy has finally been "outed"; I'm glad the truth about him is finally known. Now that he is a moderator on the TWI forums, he has now been exposed for the total bellend I always knew he was. He used to criticise me for how I used to moderate on the old IWNation boards, but he is far worse than I ever was. Hypocrisy is a funny thing. It's what we hate in other people when we secretly know that we ourselves suffer from it. And old Keithy boy has it in spades!

Old 07-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tally View Post
Ever since John Gibson tried to make out that RO2 would out sell Call of Duty in PC Gamer magazine, and then went to FPSAdmin and tried to defend that position, I knew the guy was an idiot. That's why I didn't bother supporting RO2 (which I purchased) because, if the President of the company is an idiot, you can bet the rest of the company/staff are idiots as well. Idiots can't hire talent because mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself (only talent recognizes talent).

Also, when Gibson replies to any of his critics, he patronizes them rather than try to win them over. He talks to people like they are the idiots and not himself. Only a fool would play at being a PR man when they are not very good at it.

And finally, I'm glad to see my old sparing partner Butch - Keith Leahy - Cassidy has finally been "outed"; I'm glad the truth about him is finally known. Now that he is a moderator on the TWI forums, he has now been exposed for the total bellend I always knew he was. He used to criticise me for how I used to moderate on the old IWNation boards, but he is far worse than I ever was. Hypocrisy is a funny thing. It's what we hate in other people when we secretly know that we ourselves suffer from it. And old Keithy boy has it in spades!

Tally, must you always hit the nail squarely on the head?

The shame of it all is they never seem to realize that "what goes around, comes around". They all get theirs in due time. Bellend is a perfect description.

Truth is, some of us here at RGN have been "around" for quite a while and have seen many "types" come and go. I'm certain we'll see many more of the same types rise and fall in the future.

You know the score as well as I and Wizz do. Damn... the more things change, the more they remain the same. The only thing that changes are the names and of course, the dates. <sigh>

Regards,

Old 08-02-2013

A few words to the wise....

Spitefully removing people from friend's and support lists, temper tantrums and especially bad-mouthing in what one thinks is out of earshot of those at whom its directed is emotionally immature and foolish. There is always a fly on the wall. Not everyone in that office approves of the spiteful temperamental shenanigans.

If the Whigs at TWI do not encourage their "fearless leader" to grow up they will soon be passersby to the ever advancing world of gaming and computers. If the current path of alienating your supporters and user/consumers continues, soon there will be nobody left but the uninformed who'll buy in and within a month opt out. The buck stops at Gibson's desk. Not Wilson's, Creasy's or anyone else's for that matter.

comments welcome

Regards,

Old 08-03-2013
Wizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Nomad View Post
A few words to the wise....

Spitefully removing people from friend's and support lists, temper tantrums and especially bad-mouthing in what one thinks is out of earshot of those at whom its directed is emotionally immature and foolish. There is always a fly on the wall. Not everyone in that office approves of the temperamental shenanigans.

If the Whigs at TWI do not encourage their "fearless leader" to grow up they will soon be passersby to the ever advancing world of gaming and computers. If the current path of alienating your supporters and user/consumers continues, soon there will be nobody left but the uninformed who'll buy in and within a month opt out. The buck stops at Gibson's desk. Not Wilson's, Creasy's or anyone else's for that matter.

comments welcome

Just shows the community as a whole on what we all are dealing with. If you don't bow down to the almighty TWI then you're a POS. Sorry but not everything is perfect in owning/running a business. You must be able to take criticism and or suggestions.

Doing the friends and server admin removals just shows how childish that TWI has gotten. TWI thinks that their shit don't stink and that they're the best. Sorry to say, TWI needs to get off that imaginary pedestal and come back to the level where they truly belong. TWI is not and I repeat NOT ready to become a AAA game house.

While I do not support the path that Call of Duty has gone, Call of Duty will whip TWI's arse any day and at any time. Why because of the bullshit that's been going on. TWI had and I say had a golden goose but TWI killed that goose and ate it. Now there is no more golden goose left.

TWI is in dire straights right now, when you have to discount your games 50 to 70 percent just to get players something is very, very wrong.

Players comes in, play for a while ( month or so ) then the player numbers start to plunge. Next sale comes around and its a rinse and repeat. All any player has to do is cruise the various community and official forums and see what they are dealing with. Most will not have a any part of it and leave.

Grow up TWI, get some balls Mr. President of TWI and get TWI back under control. Not only that but please ensure that your own are not trolling the forums because you do have an employee who does in fact have 3 additional accounts who has been stirring the pot. TWI, its high time you clean up your ZOO and Office and evict the LOSERS there before they destroy you.

Wizz

Old 08-05-2013

Will they EVER "Do the Right Thing"?

The lunacy at the ZOO never ceases......

The TWI forums truly are a ZOO.

Especially when they allow certain asshat long time members to post in every forum that they're from:
The Elitist Prick Casino

The Elitist Prick Ski Lodge

The Elitist Prick Club
Yep!! Quite professional of the Site's Administration.... they allow the vulgarity of the pukes claiming to be from there.. but don't dare call anyone such.

A very perfect example of the good old fashioned "DOUBLE STANDARD".
Their forum rules and regs are nothing more than Wordy BS head games. Chris S, Site Administrator, has a real grip on professionalism, business, public relations, life and reality. Especially when he's using his phantom account(s).
'Tis a great example to set for all new users entering and seeing that crap for the first time. The TWI clique system is alive and well.

I mean, if you are going to allow that gutter rat talk for certain clique buddies, then allow its use in all forms for everyone.

Will TWI ever grow up and learn to act like the professionals they say they are?
Better yet, will the Asshats who "think" they are being clever and funny ever realize they simply make both TWI and themselves look STUPID carrying on like juvenile delinquent street urchins?
Its not in the least bit funny - its demeaning and annoyingly insulting.

Where's their "on the ball" Forum Staff now? Wake up already!

Come on TWI...... Clean Up Your Act!

comments welcome...

Regards,

Old 08-13-2013

More from the ZOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11_HARLEY_11
I've been in contact with TW about the changes and they're happy to listen to my suggestions - to cut a long story short, they remain steadfast on their reasons for removing the first two caps. They see it as a bug and I see it as a design decision. So it had to go.

I've also asked for more reinforcements to be added. Bridges has always been a 'drop like flies' experience for new guys but I still think it needs more regardless. Not sure what's going to happen there.

I don't think I'll be able to release another version, that'll get pretty confusing for many players and tbh I shouldn't have to.

There is an infantry only version but that's a whole different hardcore bag of hurt.

My greatest concern is that now things have been removed and changed, the map will become homogenized in trying to re-balance it again. It doesn't take much to change the experience completely, as you guys know. Bit more cover here, bit more cover there and Bam, it's lost the tension.
Harley, IMHO, they were and are outta line. One would think the time spent mucking around in the maps would be better spent fixing the program's annoying anomalies. Like the recently introduced constant crashing for some. "We're looking into and fixing it" - we are told but most Pros know it can be done in a few hours by the right person(s) with the proper knowledge. We are already waiting for weeks. TWI, wake the frig up!

I'd suggest a remake by you - a Druzhina Bridges II - I know I'd run it instead of the BS, marshmallow version we have now. The Infantry only version can hold us for the time being.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensemann
Well, tough luck Harley. I have played the official version of Bridges twice over a total of 4 rounds last weekend.
The lack of the first 2 capzones is "meh" and even though I played in a team with a couple of long-time players, Axis won all 4 rounds with over 100 reinfs left.
The map is not really awesome anymore, because except the first 2 capzones inside the city, there was no more advance because of 0 reinfs.

Your map has been clean-washed for whatever reason and for me, that was the nail on the coffin for this game as I have lost any faith in any kind of understandable and correct design decision by TWI.
I hate to see these type of decisions.... you are a strong supporter and a good player. Please, reconsider abandoning RO/RO2/RS - perhaps together (all of us) we can convince TWI they are not the "know-it-all Einsteins" they think they are. The "my way or the highway" 'tude is deadly. A good example is the "Cannot Prone Here" crap! Many users have already walked because of that garbage, yet TWI has KNOWN about this for well over a year!! Why the stubborn resistance? Fix the Goddamned thing already!! That has to be the foot-shot heard 'round the world. (Its already known as the "joke of the FPS gaming community".)
TWI, its time to;
  • Admit you are not perfect.
  • Communicate better and more frequently with solid information - not fluff.
  • Commit to fixing most if not all RO2/RS BUGS & FAULTS.
  • KEEP your Marketing promises! Meet your responsibilities to the users.
Perhaps if they had fully explained why... they make these changes to the maps we enjoy it would make a better impression and maybe even well received. This newly intro'ed crashing garbage is going to KILL RO2/RS if not acted upon QUICKLY!

A word or two to the wise........

Comments Welcome.

Regards,

Old 08-13-2013
Lieutenant General (Moderator)

=GG= Mr Moe has a spectacular aura about=GG= Mr Moe has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Perhaps if they had fully explained why... they make these changes to the maps we enjoy it would make a better impression and maybe even well received. This newly intro'ed crashing garbage is going to KILL RO2/RS if not acted upon QUICKLY!

A word or two to the wise........

Comments Welcome.

That is just it, other than Yoshiro occasionally posting, there really is next to no interaction with the community.

In this particular case with Bridges, what is the explanation for changing it without adequate testing? The only possible thing I can think of is that TWI didn't think it was fair to give points to the Russians in the beginning because of the easy capture of the old A and B objectives.

Who really knows anymore

Old 08-13-2013

Moe & Everyone....

Of greater concern should be the loss of a talented mapper because of some asshat in TWI who "thinks" he knows more than the original mapper.

If this sort of abuse keeps up, TWI will soon view the cliff's edge of doom.

Chasing users because of stupid mistakes and program errors and now, chasing volunteer mappers because somebody in TWI who thinks his E-Penis is bigger, is truly an escapade in insanity. Talk about egomania....

TWI really needs to wake the feck up!! :mad:

Regards,

Old 08-13-2013
Wizz

And now I read that =TaT= is no more. WOW holy crap, WTF is going on and happening.

=TaT= was and is a good clan that supported to their very best TWI and its RO/RO2/RS games and even Killingfloor. To read not only the loss of a well respected and talented mapper and now in my opinion a major clan just speaks volumes.

Also lets not forget that there used to be over 450 servers online and now its half that. Sure some were GSP based ones but there was never over 200 GSP hosted servers. There has been lots of server closures and this is NON-GSP based ones.

How about those players numbers, oh wait how is the game selling on steam, yea let me go dig up where RO2/RS is standing now, stand by ...............

Ok back from checking the steam store. Damn not even in the top 100 of best sellers. Take a look at player counts, dropping like a rock. To be talked down to by a TWI employee about stop posting about stats and that stats dont mean shit so stop posting about says the true thinking of TWI.

Stats says alot and alot more than anyone can imagine. Its tells not only the players/server admins but also the company, ie, TWI how the game is received and felt by the players. Not looking so good.

Lately I have been messing around with Battlefield 2 Project Reality and I do like it so far. Yes its a old game but guess what when a old game like the likes of MOHAA that has way more servers and can muster over 1000 players and on some nights exceeds that of RO2/RS that says alot.

Well enough of my rant, inclosing TWI better wake the **** up because its crash and burn time. Oh please fix the ROGame.exe has stopped working crap and whats the status of the RO2/RS Steam Work Shop, oh wait its still broken as hell.

Wizz

Old 08-13-2013
1st Lieutenant

Quote:
Moe & Everyone....

Of greater concern should be the loss of a talented mapper because of some asshat in TWI who "thinks" he knows more than the original mapper.

Who is it that keeps messing around with these maps...???? First Winterwald and now Bridges.

Why does this someone at TWI think its a good idea to mess around with anothers persons creativity and design decision..?? .ohh.... I remember now ....because they want RO2 to play like a pussyfoot cakewalk with no challenge whatsoever.

Old 08-13-2013

You left out Coldsteel......

If there's three that were screwed with you can bet there's more.

The more I observe, the more I see a train wreck on the horizon.

Regards,

Old 08-13-2013
Wizz

RGN Action, Classic and Realism servers G-O-N-E and shut down and deleted from the RGN PBBans account. We have 2 servers remaining, Campaign and Custom.

Wizz

Old 08-13-2013

And if TWI doesn't get on the stick and fix the bugs and poor programming that's plaguing us on a daily basis.
  • Client crashes on almost every map change (recent in the last two weeks)
  • Cannot Prone Here (for over a year)
  • Unfullfilled marketing promises. (since before the RO2 September Release)
We will join TaT and many individual players.

These are programming problems that, if so desired, can be fixed in a matter of HOURS NOT WEEKS & MONTHS!!!

Gibson needs to stop the bullshit, get off his dead ass and on the ball. Else, TWI will soon join the ranks of the "also rans" who had so much potential and threw it all away. Come on John, do the right thing.

It has become fairly obvious TWI does not recognize nor care about the support given by RGN for over TEN years.

Enough is Enough!

Regards,

Old 08-14-2013
V.I.P.

As I've said before this is a shame how a company who used to have great public relations go the way of the one way corporate rail and everyone knows where that leads...

It is an incredibly bad day when the likes of a group of people who were once champions of the whole community cower away from fixing something and making it great beyond anyone's belief. Has the rush of an exceptionally supporting community gone to their heads, are they junkies for that whole praise they get from when they fix one bug out of Odin only knows how many are out there for I myself ignore such things for the shochu can be to blame for that.

If TWI is truly going down the path paved with good intentions then I can say without a doubt that RO will be going down in history as something that could have been great beyond a doubt but they themselves gave themselves up to the hype that the modern "gamer" goes for; the flashy 'ooh I have a shiny stabby thing with a zoom thingy'. It is absolutely disgusting this is the end fate for most things with great potential.

Football Season is over for them. Even fighting the good fight day and night can never get anywhere, sometimes its almost in vain as I have myself found out through a rather nasty experience or two. I wonder how they'd respond to all the clans switching back to ROost/DH/other mods/games I have never looked into. All it takes is someone to hit the right domino and it seems they themselves have hit the table itself.

On another note or two. Something that bothers the living hell out of me in Ro2/RS is the whole suicide thing when changing class. I like that whole spawn next time as whatever class you selected out of DH etc. Also I have never seen such people outspoken about whatever bothers them, and I mean that in a good way. Too many people bottle themselves up and go with the flow, it seems you guys just go against it, not like the best of ways end with the best results.

Last edited by Flintlocke; 08-14-2013 at 05:56 AM.. Reason: Drunken thought

Old 08-14-2013

Flint,

That has to be the most polite and eloquent message I've ever seen. We can only hope TWI wakes up before its too late - that is, if it ain't too late already.

Regards,

Old 08-14-2013
Tech3

Trooperc7 is on a distinguished road

I have had a crashing problem with RO2 which started after one of the RS updates came out... I get a crash to desktop about every 3rd map change. consequently, when the game crashes I move on to something else cause im just frustrated.

TWI must think that the world is indeed rosy. I think they don't understand that today's fans are somebody else's fans tomorrow. Too many other good games to play. If they don't keep their promises or turn out additional content people will get bored and move on.

There are many of us that can see the absolute potential in this game and it is frustrating to see TWI squander the gamers goodwill with one bad decision after another. Its a shame really!

I'm spending less time playing RO2 now because other games are calling my name.

RO2 GAME.EXE STOPPED WORKING
Old 08-16-2013

Default RO2 GAME.EXE STOPPED WORKING

For the last three ...maybe four weeks, this has begun in earnest.

Prior to this, it was an occasional incident but now its a guaranteed occurrence.

Easily repro'ed;
Every few map rotation changes, it occurs. Reboot and you get a few more maps and then, it'll reliably occur again. Happening on systems with XP, Vista, Win7/8 (32 & 64 bit)

It needs high priority fixing.

Before we lose all the good the recent promotions have provided.

Ed Note; Why so gruff? Easy! We've asked repeatedly for fixes politely - sent in 25 crash reports & dumps and saw nothing. Not even a Goddam TY. They have time to carry on about "what they're going to do...". Edit mapper's work, go to shows and play silly vindictive head games, but no time and resources to fix the program. That is pure BS.

Keep cutting your own throats.... we'll watch you and RO/RO2/RS agonizingly die.

Also.... keep yer mitts off the contest winning maps! All you are doing is screwing them up and pissing off the mappers!

TWI..... Wake the Feck up already.

comments?

Regards,

No Servers
Old 08-16-2013
V.I.P.

Kerflumoxed is a truly talented, fearless leader
Default No Servers

Is this the reason I can't find any servers on either Darkest Hour or Rising Storm including my normally listed favorites...nor can I contact any friends on Steam messages?

Thanks

Jack

"Just do what's right!" UCLA Basketball Coach John Wooden (October 14, 1910 June 4, 2010)
In other words, DON'T CHEAT!

Old 08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerflumoxed View Post
Is this the reason I can't find any servers on either Darkest Hour or Rising Storm including my normally listed favorites...nor can I contact any friends on Steam messages?

Thanks

Jack

Jack, I don't think so. Steam might very well be experiencing difficulties.

Keep trying.

Regards,

Old 08-16-2013

Wellpers......

Here we go folks, into another weekend of trying to play a BROKEN GAME - A game that crashes after every 3 map loads... refuses to play most of the stock RS maps...

WTF is going on? After over 47 crash reports from me.... you'd think they'd know what to fix...

God only knows how many reports they've actually received. Ah, but they're far too busy meddling around in mapper's winning maps to fix this problem.

Its all good though, since they know it all and seemingly, as far as they are concerned, we can just move right along.

They'll wake up when the player counts are below 1k again... I guess.

Regards,

Old 08-16-2013

More of the same garbage......

Quote:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: rogame.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 520bc880
Fault Module Name: rogame.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 520bc880
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00950a32
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: d87e
Additional Information 2: d87e507983e61200e8d67b6ae1534ea0
Additional Information 3: 5843
Additional Information 4: 58436e128963649ed9d60a59fd4f630d

How long does "looking into it" work to keep us waiting? Before we get frustrated and gone!

Regards,

Old 08-17-2013

Sad part is...... Yoshiro, Jared Creasy the Community Mangler, can post all over their forums with vague bullshit about "looking into it" but seemingly never comes forward with a positive, concrete commitment on the part of TWI to fix the critical problems. Jared, if you really cared you'd be jumping up and down trying to get this crashing bullshit FIXED. The crashing problem is now effecting a good 65% of the users to one degree or another...

Are these Einsteins going to "look into it" until there's nobody left to satisfy? Are they purposely trying to KILL RO2 to make way for their new super secret project? Don't they realize that practically everyone they have jerked around will be very reluctant to even consider a purchase of anything in the future either near or distant? Time is running out. TWI - Wake Up!!
Creating diversions from the real problems at hand with vague hints at what's to come is a cute way of avoiding the urgency the crashing has presented when you wish to take off to shows. Its nice to see the crew go off to shows, man booths and carry on like everything is rosy while their userbase is shrinking. Kinda like Nero and his fiddle while Rome burned. Players are leaving left and right in utter disgust. The ship of fools is sinking.
Fix the crashing - stop with all the happy happy joy joy while you ignore our pleas for the fixes. Actually, TWI seems to be ignoring the problems because they have shows to go to and BRAG. Or, is it to put on the "front" they so covet trying to look "nifty" to the rest of the game developer community? TWI, never forget there is nothing as dead as yesterday's applause.

One would think that now with the crashing going on and of course with "Cannot Prone Here" hammering everyone, they'd wake up and realize they have a real and genuine problem with CREDIBILITY. Ah but there was a time when SUPPORT and COMMUNICATIONS were the order of the day at TWI.

Evidently, TWI has decided as Activision did that user support and satisfaction must take a back seat to profit, no matter the true cost and end result. The end never justifies the means. This course of direction is evidenced by the;
  1. hustling of current and potential users for every last cent.
  2. insulting custom mappers by arrogantly editing their maps without expressed permission and total disregard to their creative abilities.
  3. ingratiating long time supporters by slinging immature, emotional insults and vindictive punitive actions - it won't silence anyone.
  4. blatantly ignoring user needs - failure to fulfill marketing promises.
  5. continued leading the users on about "looking into" problems and things to come while delivering little or nothing.
The above represents the impressions TWI is making upon both the old and new users. TWI, you had better wake up. You are at the crossroads of your very existence. Sure, Killing Floor might be making a few bucks for you now but that is a very temporary situation that can change and vanish in a matter of weeks.

TWI, your true success is with Red Orchestra - it is what put you on the map! At this point, you have so screwed up that program, userbase and market that you must with great haste pull out all stops and get it all turned around. Player counts, worldwide, have dropped to 1k or less.

Stop bullying the users and start supporting them. Fix the problems and keep your promises - NOW!

There.... somebody had to say it.

comments?

Regards,

Old 08-19-2013

Some have asked in our servers and in email "why?"

The simple quick answer is RGN is for the users, not any for profit enterprise.

Sure, we have supported TWI's endeavors and products for ten years and did so willingly and until further notice will continue to do so. We discovered a developer group and fine product, RO1 and its derivatives DH & MN, and we embraced and supported the products and their users.

RO2 held such great potential in its release form and has seemingly been cobbled together ever since its release. The subsequent problems, lame excuses and reasons for what's going on coming from TWI brings forth justifiable anger in many users. RO2's release was OK, but ever since, its been a litany of excuses, and off the wall rationalizations for RO2's abnormal behavior from the CM, Jared Creasy (Yoshiro) that we actually feel sorry for Yosh... Any user can see he's only mouthing what he's "told" to say.

Nevertheless, TWI has time to move forward, work on new projects, go to shows, set up booths, and leave the users holding the bag, as far as RO2 is concerned. GDC13 and GamesCon take preference and the user's needs take a backseat. That is just plain wrong. Its almost as if they're trying to kill RO2. I said almost.

The most recent RO2/RS problem (rogame.exe stopped working) popped up less than a month ago and shortly before the last contest map winners were released. We feel perhaps it has something to do with the asset manager not gracefully exiting. In any case, we can account for 47 crash reports over the last 10 days. (Not one acknowledgment or thank you) Of course, NO fix yet.
Our support for TWI involves Game Servers, Teamspeak Servers and Forums dedicated to TWI products and their users and we still do so with no call for any IOU's other than they support the users properly..
When we see a userbase as loyal as the one TWI enjoys for RO/RO2/RS and are witness to TWI abusing and taking them for granted, we are left with no alternative but to speak up. Not addressing problems promptly is abuse of the worst kind. Taking the userbase for granted diminishes both the enthusiasm of the users and their numbers. As a result, RGN is compelled to step up pointing out the glaring problems TWI is fostering and seemingly ignoring.

TWI, you got your wake up call!
Its now time to fix these problems.

Until such time as there is proof positive that TWI is addressing both the "ROGame.EXE has stopped working" crashes and the "Cannot Prone Here" game player killer, we will continue to carry the current splash screen and this thread. User comments are welcome as are those of TWI.

ps; All the TWI principals have accounts here, and are free to post without fear of disrespectful replies, vindictive reprisals, malicious editing or abuse as many have suffered in their forums. Forums that we call the ZOO.

Comments?

Regards,

Old 08-19-2013
Wizz

To me the game is nearly dead and on life support. When I go to the player stats, ie, the "IN-GAME" server browser on a Saturday and Sunday evenings/nights and I only see 900 to 1100 players you know the game is in deep shit trouble.

Sorry but to have a RS Dev talk down to everyone about stats don't matter and please stop posting about stats just says it all.

Players are pissed and rightfully so. All I see at the ZOO is well nothing short of ass kissing BS and these same ass kissing people know full well what the deal is. But oh well ..............................

We here at RGN has given nothing but our support for 10+ years. If there was a game right now that we could put on the VDS we would and shut down the TWI ones. We have 2 left out of 5, it was sad to shut down the 3 servers but well all good things must come to a end and hopefully this year, a new game will come out. We are looking forward to Festung Europa being developed and produced by the Darkest Hour team, ie, Jackboot Games.

What we've learned about how Rising Storm came to be has left one mighty poor impression about TWI. TWI has gone from a real community company to one that is nothing short of a corporate thug. Oh a ladder/league is in TWIL's way well lets destroy it, oh a mod is in RO2's way well lets destroy it too, ie, the real reason about why the steamCMD is ****ed up when you download RO/DH. Why do you have to jump thru a bunch of crap just to get a DH server going, look no further than TWI.

Wizz

Old 08-19-2013

IMHO. TWIL was dead b4 it got going. Killing ROLadder was a sin.

:rolleyes: Somebody ought to tell Butch that 100% of nothing is still nothing.

And yes, Wiz is correct. All we see posting in the ZOO these days in all the forums other than the mappers/modders are programming pia wannabe pukes that obviously do not know their arses from their elbows. They do more harm than good for the game. Its OK by the Zoo's staff though because they're creating traffic - even with the vulgarities in their posts.

Its all good though, TWI is going to Europe for a lark and boasting session ...
(no time to fix the broken routines or deliver the promised goodies when TWI touted RO2.)

Could it be the Last Hurrah?
(they've pissed off many, many users - worldwide)

Enjoy the show(s)
[GDC13/GamesCon]

Comments?

Regards,

Old 08-19-2013

Why do I put "comments?" in my posts?? Two reasons;

1. Give the TWI ppl a nudge to reply
  2. Show everyone just how much the users care by their LACK of comments.
The users are losing interest quickly.

comments?

Regards,

Old 08-20-2013
V.I.P.

Another drunken thought. I wonder what would happen if everyone stopped giving them attention, both the positive and negative. I think the silence would do them some good.

Also I think some of us are patiently awaiting for Festung Europa and hopefully they don't take example from TWI circa 2012(?)- current day.

Old 08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flintlocke View Post
Another drunken thought. I wonder what would happen if everyone stopped giving them attention, both the positive and negative. I think the silence would do them some good.
Actually, in most cases that doesn't work since it offers a form of implied approval. In the world of software development the key factor is user input.. the developer must depend upon the userbase to provide results from the use of the software on a wide variety of hardware configurations. Therefore in this case, silence is not golden.
Quote:
Also I think some of us are patiently awaiting for Festung Europa and hopefully they don't take example from TWI circa 2012(?)- current day.
Festung Europa is not "right around the corner". Exocet and his highly capable crew have also "experienced" TWI at their very best. I doubt the example(s) set by TWI offered anything that would influence Jackboot Games manner of dealing with its users. Jackboot will absolutely be all about building a strong, long lasting, positive and fruitful relationship with their users/consumers.
TWI on the other hand, is busy tripping to Europe, glad handing while attempting to bask in the light of successful Developers and Publishers while they have yet to grow out of their juvenile attitudes and behavior.

A good example of that behavior:
[TW]schneidzekk (Machete Engineering.) Now does that make any sense? Machete Engineering? Gimme a break! (Just another example of the immature mentality of their key staff members.) No, its not humorous - its just plain dumb. Chris Schneidzekk or, is it Schneider? He is their Forum Administrator and user #1. A fine example he sets for everyone. NOT.

TWI has yet to learn you EARN user respect - its not a given and you certainly cannot DEMAND such..

Regards,

Old 08-20-2013
1st Lieutenant

R02 has run its course and the riverbed has now dried up into a big ****ing dustbowl. I'm sick of playing the same broken ass game with the same crappy "casual" design flaws. It's like beating your head against a wall day in and day out when you realize what R02 COULD have been. There is shit that's been broken for 2 YEARS now! (cannot prone here, MKB audio distortion!, CANNOT ADD/REMOVE Bayonets!!...etc...etc...etc..etc) The game was DUMBED DOWN from the start because some swollen headed asshat thought he would compete with COD...please give me a break

The gameplay is far too arcadey for such serious subject matter and set pieces. As a result R02 doesn't know what it is and its all just a big ****ing travesty. When you go back to DH and R01 and see all the WORKING features they implemented and how beautifully the rounds play out it just makes you say.....WTF happened??

And the cherry on top...after 2 years...we still don't have transports and we only have 2 tanks... *golf clap*

Irks me just thinking about it all.

R02 is dead. Maybe TWI will learn from its mistakes and go back to its roots for R03.

Old 08-20-2013

Sticks, how right you are.

Hard to believe...... They'd do us like this.

In a few weeks it'll be two (2) years. Two years we've been begging for Cannot Prone Here to be fixed, modified, whatever - what do we get? Bupkus!! Hot air..... "we're looking into it" Looking into what? The dark abyss? Its for sure they ain't fixing a damn thing.

Yosh, I feel sorry for you.... being forced to dbbl talk the users.

Now, we have the latest "gift"; rogame.exe stopped working. For a month we've been putting up with this garbage. Yet again we're told "we're looking into it". They have no idea of how close they are. So many users have lost faith.

They can't give RO2/RS away for free and keep users because the faults in the program are insurmountable.

They're "looking into it"...... pfffft!!

Regards,

Old 08-21-2013

From this thread at the ZOO.

And.... this THREAD at the ZOO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsunee
Hey guys.

Having the same problem over here. It would happen time to time on my older PC but happens constantly on my new one I just got. 9 times out of 10 it will crash between map changes. Each time I have to end the game via the task manager to which I'll see the "Ro2 game.exe stopped working" message.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Nomad
Exactly.... easily repro'ed. Usualy 2-3 maps will be ok - then ..bang. "rogame.exe stopped working"

Believe this - as soon as the "rogame.exe stopped working" problem is fixed...

The Site's splash screen will revert to our normal Custom Map List.

This error, "rogame.exe has stopped working", has been reported in numerous appropriate threads and topics at the ZOO in hope of establishing the urgency of its being fixed. There is absolutely no excuse for this error to be plaguing the users for a month (August 2013) now. It has caused many regular players to move to other games - hopefully temporarily.
Personally, I cannot understand why they have allowed this error to go on for a solid month! To me, that is totally irresponsible.

As far as pursuing this matter any further, I'm done. The reason being I find the users are either complacent, disgusted and/or have simply given up on TWI.... that's sad. Further, without the users making themselves heard, the wrong message is sent to TWI and that's a tragedy. The users must make themselves heard.
As a result, as of today, I'm in a wait and see mode. I've done everything within my grasp to make the "powers that be" at TWI aware of this severe problem. Its now up to them to address the problem and fix it. The consequences for not doing so will be far reaching. Of this, there is no doubt.

Regards,

Old 08-22-2013

As a result of this Editorial and thread....

TWI's Whigs have decided to "reward" us for ten years of support.

As of roughly 6:30pm Thursday, Aug. 22, 2013

Obviously, we are dealing with BULLIES. Immature, unprofessional, vindictive social misfits who can't stand honest critiques.

Regards,

Old 08-22-2013
Wizz

Confirmed, Mike is banned over at TWI.

Now I ask that anyone of you to look at Mike's posts/threads and see what rule did he break.

Answer: NONE

Note: Under Mike's name you will see "Senior Member". You all do know that you can do a "Admin Set" function in the user editor ( Admin Panel ) to set a custom title. So if you look over there you will see Senior member and not banned as you do other banned members.

TWI is trying to hide this and well this is what happens after all the support we have given TWI. As I posted in other threads TWI will **** you over in a heart beat. TWI has become a corporate thug and dirty player. Ask why did ROLadder get clobbered and how about Darkest Hour. I know the story behind DH and why the DH team is not doing any modding for RO2 and no there will not be a DH2. i have been told that the DH team will not ever again have anything to do with TWI.

Oh for TWI to not have vehicles is a joke, they have all the assets, models and all that is needed to IMPORT the vehicles from DH and also from AHZ. There was no excuss in RO2 to not have more vehicles. TWI is just pure lazy.

UPDATE: It now says banned as a user title under Mike's name. Again I ask what rule(s) did Mike break at TWI, answer again is NONE.

Wizz

Old 08-22-2013
V.I.P.

DragonFly has a spectacular aura aboutDragonFly has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizz View Post
Confirmed, Mike is banned over at TWI.

Now I ask that anyone of you to look at Mike's posts/threads and see what rule did he break.

Answer: NONE

Note: Under Mike's name you will see "Senior Member". You all do know that you can do a "Admin Set" function in the user editor ( Admin Panel ) to set a custom title. So if you look over there you will see Senior member and not banned as you do other banned members.

TWI is trying to hide this and well this is what happens after all the support we have given TWI. As I posted in other threads TWI will **** you over in a heart beat. TWI has become a corporate thug and dirty player. Ask why did ROLadder get clobbered and how about Darkest Hour. I know the story behind DH and why the DH team is not doing any modding for RO2 and no there will not be a DH2. i have been told that the DH team will not ever again have anything to do with TWI.

Oh for TWI to not have vehicles is a joke, they have all the assets, models and all that is needed to IMPORT the vehicles from DH and also from AHZ. There was no excuss in RO2 to not have more vehicles. TWI is just pure lazy.

UPDATE: It now says banned as a user title under Mike's name. Again I ask what rule(s) did Mike break at TWI, answer again is NONE.

Wizz
I say we respond in kind. And stop any servers we still have running RO2 HOS / RS.
Not just RGN but all of us.

Old 08-22-2013

Its all good Wizz, by these wacky vindictive actions, they PROVE who the real "bad" guys are.

In the world of business, they need us we do not need them.... We're the customers... without us, where would they be?
  • I still wonder if they'll ever keep their marketing promises, Vehicles other than 2 tanks,
  • Co-op & Campaign,
  • fix rogame.exe crashing,
  • cannot prone here,
  • broken steam workshop
  • and of course, the game browser that's always a haphazard on again/off again headache...
Maybe, since they got their (our) money, they now plan to move on and let sleeping dogs lay. It wouldn't surprise me. Especially since the new, "secret" project is under way.

After all this time, they had to prove AHZ's Slyk (Marc) and the players at FPS were right all along - and to think we (Wizz & I) defended TWI & Ramm in FPS where Wizz & I were Admins. We actually resigned over defending them. Oh well, live and learn.

I've forwarded this info to the Net Zine editors and correspondents I know and a bunch I thought would be interested in this bizarre behavior of a game Developer/Publisher.. TWI trying to enforce their rules on our site..

This entire thread is a story in itself.

comments?

Regards,

Old 08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFly View Post
I say we respond in kind. And stop any servers we still have running RO2 HOS / RS.
Not just RGN but all of us.

But Fly, that punishes the users.

I say hit 'em where it hurts and not buy any further products until they grow up.

Regards,

Old 08-22-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
True, but aren't the users hurting / being punished now?
We & they did not get what was promised us. Furthermore they need to be made aware!
If there are no more servers for us to game on, who do you think they will blame / call upon?
Not RGN, we tried!!!

Last edited by DragonFly; 08-22-2013 at 11:21 PM.. Reason: typo's & more

Old 08-22-2013
Wizz

Quote:

I say hit 'em where it hurts and not buy any further products until they grow up.
TWI has the RO2/RS pack on a 25 percent discount at the steam store and guess what it can't even muster in the top 100 best sellers.

That should tell you what the real deal is.

Oh well, we supported TWI thru it all and in the end what did we get, yea I thought so and this is how TWI rewards you.

Wizz

Old 08-22-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
TWI has the RO2/RS pack on a 25 percent discount at the steam store and guess what it cant even muster in the top 100 best sellers.

That should tell you what the real deal is.

Oh well, we supported TWI thru it all and in the end what did we get, yea I thought so and this is how TWI rewards you.

Wizz
THAT fortifies my opinion that RGN halt all ro2 servers (RO1 & DH should be kept, great games!).

Old 08-23-2013
V.I.P.

It really make me wonder who'll go next for pointing out the faults of the game on their forums or these ones.

I wonder of my polite and blunt **** you will gain me some ire from those who would like to only see polished words of glory placed before the Odin forsaken piles of broken promises and other stuff that never worked right in the first place. Your banning brings back thoughts when people who made a little too much ruckus ending up on the bottom of the salty drink with concrete sandals. Once community driven now they're like the hoodlums I have to deal with when I'm in Canada.

Makes me wonder why a Japanese man who loves beer a little too much can produce a game by himself and have more professionalism than a company like TWI? Old world morals perhaps?

Oh and the 25% discount on RS comes to those who already owned Ro2 when RS came out.

Last edited by Flintlocke; 08-23-2013 at 05:56 AM.. Reason: Afterthought?

Old 08-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFly View Post
THAT fortifies my opinion that RGN halt all ro2 servers (RO1 & DH should be kept, great games!).

Not with TWI putting up an RGN CLONE Custom Map Server.... Admin'ed by none other than G_Sajer. My, my but where have I seen that name before? A true "pro" Dedicated Server Administrator and Redirect manager.

Guess who is touting THAT one - our dear "friend" Butch - Keith Leahy - Cassidy. Champion brownie boy and backstabber.

That is called "Showing your true colors"

Once again TWI chooses to not only COPY another private Dedicated Server's venue, (ours) - they wish to compete with the other Admins paying for their servers to support them.

What a quaint idea...
All look and sound so familiar? (Ala CoD/Activision/Treyarch/Infinity Ward) Wanna bet the SDK and Dedicated Privately OWNED servers are on the chopping block at sometime in the near future?

They're already MODIFYING Custom Mapper's work and now, they're pumping in their own servers. The handwriting is on the wall. It won't be long now.
Quote:
It really make me wonder who'll go next for pointing out the faults of the game on their forums or these ones.

I wonder if my polite and blunt **** you will gain me some ire from those who would like to only see polished words of glory placed before the Odin forsaken piles of broken promises and other stuff that never worked right in the first place. Your banning brings back thoughts when people who made a little too much ruckus ending up on the bottom of the salty drink with concrete sandals. Once community driven now they're like the hoodlums I have to deal with when I'm in Canada.

Makes me wonder why a Japanese man who loves beer a little too much can produce a game by himself and have more professionalism than a company like TWI? Old world morals perhaps?

Oh and the 25% discount on RS comes to those who already owned Ro2 when RS came out.
Additionally, They seem to have forgotten a golden rule in online support...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nymets1104
Just keep this in mind too. When people stop coming on here to bi**h about the game, then they aren't playing anymore. A lot of the complaints get old but if no one cared then we wouldn't have this great gaming community. Keep up the good work and keep the gripes coming!
This guy nymets.... like Flint, got it right! I wonder how long he will last.

TWI really tries to act like rank Amateurs.

comments?

Regards,

Old 08-23-2013
Wizz

Let the retaliation commence. I am now forever banned. Well it says On Vacation but with a infraction worth 666 points. That is forever

And guess who did this

Quote:
Dear Wizard220,

You have received a new private message at Tripwire Interactive Forums from ButchCassidy, entitled "You have received an infraction at Tripwire Interactive Forums".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/private.php

This is the message that was sent:
Dear Wizard220,

You have received an infraction at Tripwire Interactive Forums.

Reason: Duplicate account/Ban evasion
-------
You have received an infraction because we have detected that a banned user has attempted to login using this account.
Regards
Butch
-------

This infraction is worth 666 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

All the best,
Tripwire Interactive Forums
Keep it classy TWI, keep it classy. LOL TWI the laughing stock of the gaming industry.

Wizz

Old 08-23-2013

Ban Evasion?!? Now they're fabricating LAME nonsense to justify their radical behavior.

I guess they will try to ban all RGN Members.... for any reason they can come up with. Nice

Oh, but what we have to show is all verifiable proof of what they really are.....

Especially the TURNCOAT BIOTCH a true "BELLEND"...

Regards,

Old 08-23-2013
Wizz

While I have really spoken out against ATVI and how its cod games were managed, ie, no server files, ranked bs, no mod tools and so on guess what game will have dedicated servers this fall.

Yup Call of Duty Ghosts

With dedicated servers will it also include mod tools, mapping tools. We will just have to wait and see.

Wizz

Old 08-23-2013

Quote:
While I have really spoken out against ATVI and how its cod games were managed, ie, no server files, ranked bs, no mod tools and so on guess what game will have dedicated servers this fall.

Yup Call of Duty Ghosts

With dedicated servers will it also include mod tools, mapping tools. We will just have to wait and see.

Wizz

There's a good chance of that.... in any case, just offering Dedi Servers alone will crush the asshat brigades. Players who tried and tried to support them are tired of the double-talk and outright lies.

(notice how they're using a flunky to do their dirty work?)

Regards,

Old 08-23-2013
Wizz

Now we will see who the ass kissers are in RO2/RS land.

Wizz

Old 08-23-2013
1st Lieutenant

Just a another nail in the coffin lid. I can't believe Mike and Wizz are banned at TWI being that no TWI forum rules were broken. Mike maybe its time to find another good game worth playing and investing server resources on.

Old 08-23-2013
Tech3

Trooperc7 is on a distinguished road

well, currently im in to PR......would be nice to see more RGN folks...