Go Back   RGN - Reliable Global News > RGN News, Reviews & Editorials > Editorials

Editorials Editorials, Rebuttals, Essays & Reviews

Raising National Awareness
Old 10-27-2014
Site Owner - Administrator

RFMariano is a splendid one to beholdRFMariano is a splendid one to beholdRFMariano is a splendid one to beholdRFMariano is a splendid one to beholdRFMariano is a splendid one to beholdRFMariano is a splendid one to behold
Default Raising National Awareness

Raising National Awareness

by Mike Nomad - October 26, 2014

In a time when US morale and individual self-respect is driven to an all time low by a seemingly incompetent Administration truly, a re-emergence of National Pride is very much in order.

But before we go into that aspect of this editorial, a few pet peeve observations;

This business of proposing a mass issuance of green cards by this inept administration effectively dilutes the value of a green card. Until this decision, a Green Card was looked upon as an item to be protected else the holder could easily suffer the loss of the card and the permissions it grants. Now, the perception of the Green Card is similar to a cereal box prize.
How many times have hard working US Taxpayers and voters unknowingly funded refugee/immigrant business start-ups, home purchases and living expenses? Name one US Taxpayer/voter who has enjoyed such lavish benefits. Yet, we the US taxpayers, pay for refugee/immigrants to enjoy such on a daily basis. Why? Where's the equality? It's time we took care of our own properly.

Then comes the mooches that get Green Cards, Work Visas, etc.. and openly eschew any sort of praise for our Country as they earn a comfortable living in the USA. They tend to boast of their homeland as being superior to the USA in most every way except earning cash. If their homeland is so great then why are they here? - Send them home!

Aliens/refugees/immigrants continually boast of their pride in the "old country" and rarely become US Citizens. It never ceases to amaze at how easily they seem to forget that had it not been for the USA and its vast resources and Military strength, they'd be speaking either German or Japanese. Instead, they mooch off the USA and regard our Country with total disrespect. They look upon our citizens as second rate, not worthy of their respect. Thankfully, some eventually, do become productive, loyal US Citizens.

Amazingly, the foreigners working and earning in the USA attempt to foist their totalitarian concept of governance upon US citizens at every opportunity with total disregard of the US Constitution and Bill of Rights. That might be OK back in the "old country" but it ain't OK in the USA. Enough is enough!

These Green Card and Work Visa holding mooches, we've all seen and experienced them, need to have any and all permissions revoked and sent back to their wretched countries. They're truly ungrateful bastards who cause all the good to be found in our decent and respectful international neighbors to be nullified. THAT is just plain wrong. Deport them.
The Course of Current Events

On a more recent basis, this business of the bleeding hearts wanting the USA to fend off ISIS, EBOLA and every other frightful evil in the world today is the real and genuine epidemic. They want these things done without ANY inconvenience and/or sacrifice on their part. A wake up call is very much in order for these dregs of society. Or better yet, allow them the golden opportunity to assume the responsibilities themselves and ship out to do the job.
As an example for this Ebola crisis, Ellis Island in the NYC harbor did very well in isolating disease ridden refugees, immigrants and travelers upon arrival to the USA in the past. Perhaps its time modern day "Ellis Islands" were established at various critical entry points to our country where these individuals could be isolated, records checked and observed.

If they are in fact diseased, then we can treat them accordingly and allow entry once cured. If they have criminal backgrounds, depending upon the type and severity of crime(s), they can be afforded hearings and either granted probationary entry or deported.

On the flip side of that coin are the administrative sand-worms, they bury their head in the sand, like Obama and hope the baddies will go away. Speaking of Obama, he ain't gonna be happy until someone in the White House comes down with Ebola. Then perhaps, he'll act.
Leadership is the key to success and we need decisive leadership making well thought out decisions and solutions. Thankfully, we have only another two years of this disconnected, Carter-like Obama administration to deal with.

Now, on to the topic of this editorial of Raising National Awareness.

Personally I consider myself a patriot, a person who at one time in the past, swore to uphold and defend the US Constitution and what it stands for. As a youngster I pledged allegiance to the flag "one nation under God" every day. I simply do not for a single moment, regret having done so in either instance.

I am very proud to be an American, a Citizen and Taxpaying voter of the USA. I'll quickly tell you we have the best technology, best military and by far, the very best living conditions in the world today. Oh sure, we see attempts by certain malcontent US haters to sway public opinion against our country and what it stands for but the true fact remains, this is the greatest Country in the world. That's why they're all trying to get into this country every day, any way they can.

I strongly reiterate though, send the ungrateful ones back where they came from. Right along with the selfish, criminal and those not willing to become US Citizens even though they're enjoying all the benefits living and working in the USA brings. Send the humps home!

Every editor in the world wishes he or she had the time to personally respond to every semi-sane comment from the message boards, but they don't. However, in an effort to raise the level of discourse, I've decided I'll try in the future, to pick out some of the most interesting comments...

Thanks for reading..

Comments?

Regards,

Old 10-27-2014
Wizz

I have served in the uniform for 22 years and I would do it again. One aspect of serving my country was becoming a true citizen by doing so.

My mother is german, yes she married a army man and that did help some but still she had to go thru the process of becoming a citizen of this country. She did the process and did the wait. She did it the right way

Today this country has lost it's ways, oh it didn't just happen over night. This took many years, a few decades to accomplish but never the less the USA is lost. We need to get back to our values, morals and ethics to get our selves back and as well as the worlds trust back.

I am for helping and also for foreigners to come here but do it the right way. if our forbears can do the process then why not the ones of today. Yes the wait is long, several years never the less I will welcome anyone who goes theu the process and do it the right way.

I am for rounding up the illigal ones and shipping them right out. I am for locking down our borders. How about we bring home some troops for over seas and station them at the border to secure it.

But I am a person of reality and to be frank and honest this country is too far gone and lost to just get it back. It will take the mass arrest of the traitors in all forms of government and everyday people alike who supported this crap. This country will require a revolution and blood will have to flow in the streets in order to get this country back.

I mentioned that I served, well the military is not what it once was. It can not be counted on as in the past. It plays a different tune today then what it did 30 years ago. I know this for fact and I know this by how it has become today.

Alot to think about and ponder and yes the world can look upon us again as that beacon of hope like it used to. But it will take as I said a revolution to get our country back to do so.

Wizz

Old 10-27-2014
1st Lieutenant

Fishsticks is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizz View Post
Today this country has lost it's ways, oh it didn't just happen over night. This took many years, a few decades to accomplish but never the less the USA is lost. We need to get back to our values, morals and ethics to get our selves back and as well as the worlds trust back.
1. All great empires fall. All we need is look at the Roman Empire specifically to see our fate. One word....

dec·a·dence
ˈdekədəns/
noun
noun: decadence
moral or cultural decline/weakness as characterized by excessive indulgence in pleasure and/or luxury.
"he denounced Western decadence"

2. Multiculturalism is also a MASSIVE source of failure for this country and is well on its path to help destroying the initial foundation. When you have a melting pot of far too many diversities these diversities eventually separate themselves as a whole. They do not correspond properly, they do not integrate properly, they only tolerate one another. Again all one has to do is look at the Fall of Rome to get a hint of what is happening here present day.

Old 10-27-2014
Lieutenant General (Moderator)

Twrecks is a glorious beacon of lightTwrecks is a glorious beacon of lightTwrecks is a glorious beacon of lightTwrecks is a glorious beacon of lightTwrecks is a glorious beacon of lightTwrecks is a glorious beacon of light

Apathy, not decadence, plays a bigger role in the decay of America. PPL just don't want to know what is going on, and the ability of Government and Corporations to hide the truth just makes matters worse. The media is no longer the friend of the PPL, they sold out long ago for advertising dollars/ratings. Awareness is nigh impossible, and not desired.

How long before the disparity of wealth forces revolution, or we succumb to infiltration/invasion is the only thing up to debate. Capitalism may have brought down the Iron Curtain, but now China is using our system to break us. The imbalance of trade is huge, and they're buying America out from under us with our own money. If there's another World War, America does not have the manufacturing infrastructure to put up a fight, it has been systematically dismantled before our eyes, and yet no one cares to see. Why? Apathy.

Old 10-27-2014
1st Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twrecks View Post
Apathy, not decadence, plays a bigger role in the decay of America. PPL just don't want to know what is going on, and the ability of Government and Corporations to hide the truth just makes matters worse. The media is no longer the friend of the PPL, they sold out long ago for advertising dollars/ratings. Awareness is nigh impossible, and not desired.

How long before the disparity of wealth forces revolution, or we succumb to infiltration/invasion is the only thing up to debate. Capitalism may have brought down the Iron Curtain, but now China is using our system to break us. The imbalance of trade is huge, and they're buying America out from under us with our own money. If there's another World War, America does not have the manufacturing infrastructure to put up a fight, it has been systematically dismantled before our eyes, and yet no one cares to see. Why? Apathy.
Well said. Everyone now has a sense of self-entitlement and the new "look at me" attitude. People no longer work as a unit but as individuals. From what I read I think the last time this country worked as a whole was during the space race. People were actually proud of the work they did and the country had a goal! Gone are those days and attitudes though.

Old 10-27-2014

Twrecks is a glorious beacon of lightTwrecks is a glorious beacon of lightTwrecks is a glorious beacon of lightTwrecks is a glorious beacon of lightTwrecks is a glorious beacon of lightTwrecks is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishsticks View Post
Well said. Everyone now has a sense of self-entitlement and the new "look at me" attitude. People no longer work as a unit but as individuals. From what I read I think the last time this country worked as a whole was during the space race. People were actually proud of the work they did and the country had a goal! Gone are those days and attitudes though.
Absolutely, the country has no goals, and led by PPL without vision except their own prosperity. A good campaign slogan today would be "What has your country done for you lately?", because the majority PPL don't seem to count themselves as Americans unless they're getting something.

Old 10-27-2014
Wizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twrecks View Post

Quote:
Quoted those 2 posts for truth. Both are spot on and I couldn't say or post it any better.

Spot on guys

The last great thing this country did was the space race. Once we won that this country has slowly fallen into a stupor and has gone to sleep. When the people are awake its all about me me me crap. What can I get or what's in it for me type stuff. Its no more of what Fish posted about self entitlement.

The USA needs a reboot and a cold one at that. But I do think that we have gone beyond the point of no return. Now its up to a revolution to get this country back.

Wizz

Old 10-28-2014

RFMariano is a splendid one to beholdRFMariano is a splendid one to beholdRFMariano is a splendid one to beholdRFMariano is a splendid one to beholdRFMariano is a splendid one to beholdRFMariano is a splendid one to behold

The USA is still resilient enough to bounce back. All that really needs to be done is elect true leadership - not phony do nothing shitheels.

A great deal of today's promiscuity and liberal attitudes toward sex is actually promoted by all sorts of media and brought on by Govt to replenish the young lives lost in 14 years of mid east war. In the 1960's it was to recover from the rigors of Vietnam. Prior to that we had the post war baby boom brought about by relaxed 'tudes immediately following WW2. The baby boomers.

There is no such thing as sexual revolution - Hell, sex has been with us since the very beginning of mankind. All that ever changes is how we regard and deal with sex and all its peripheries.

So, now we bring up a generation that is accustomed to same sex marriage. At least orphans will have a better chance at adoption. Mouthwash will take on a whole new meaning.

No, I am not in favor of all that but its a reality of today's ever changing social structures. Nobody is forcing same sex marriage and interracial marriage on me. Nobody! Nor will I force my beliefs on anyone. In fact, I view such practices as very selfish and quite unfair as far as the parties involved are concerned.

I still have faith is the USA... Before WW2, throughout the 1930's the vast majority of major US industry was shut down and dust covered due to the great depression. Homelessness and bread lines were the order of the day. Financiers were jumping out of skyscraper windows because of having lost everything. People have a tendency to forget those facts or, perhaps they were unaware or too young to know.

About decadence... we went through this very same episode throughout the 1960's. Vietnam, Woodstock, sexual freedom, burn bras, free love, love children. Still, we as a nation ..survived.

The perception of decadence and the resultant outcry comes in cycles. Similar, if not the very same dire warnings and observations took place during the 1920's, the roaring 20's, as they were called. The horror of it all, short skirts, women smoking and drinking, floozies and wild, carefree sex. It too, as will the times we live in, passed the test of time without serious consequences other than it led to the inevitable baby boom, the crash of 1929 ended the roaring 20's and led to the start of the 1930's depression years. A decade of utter misery that ultimately led to World War Two.

But the USA bounced back stronger than ever.

Always remember what doesn't kill you, will always make you stronger!

(off in the distance.... I hear the faint sounds of the chant USA -USA -USA)

Comments?

Regards,

Old 10-28-2014
1st Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Nomad View Post
About decadence... we went through this very same episode throughout the 1960's. Vietnam, Woodstock, sexual freedom, burn bras, free love, love children. Still, we as a nation ..survived.

The perception of decadence and the resultant outcry comes in cycles. Similar, if not the very same dire warnings and observations took place during the 1920's, the roaring 20's, as they were called. The horror of it all, short skirts, women smoking and drinking, floozies and wild, carefree sex. It too, as will the times we live in, passed the test of time without serious consequences other than it led to the inevitable baby boom, the crash of 1929 ended the roaring 20's and led to the start of the 1930's depression years. A decade of utter misery that ultimately led to World War Two.

But the USA bounced back stronger than ever.

Always remember what doesn't kill you, will always make you stronger!

(off in the distance.... I hear the faint sounds of the chant USA -USA -USA)

Comments?

Well said. I guess today's "twerking" was Elvis's "dancing" back in the 50's! Parents hate it either way.

Old 10-29-2014

Quote:
Well said. I guess today's "twerking" was Elvis's "dancing" back in the 50's! Parents hate it either way.

Hahahaha....... Woodstock was the end of civilization as we know it according to the media back then.... they slammed that party every way they could. Little did they realize they actually helped Woodstock's success by giving it such glaring headlines day after day.

We were all rebellious back then to one degree or another. I'm still a rebel... I do not, under any circumstances abide by and seriously eschew the premise of "Politically Correct". To me, its nothing more than an opening for the use of double talk - "say one thing and mean another". IOW, phonies.

I'd rather say it like it is and stand pat.

Comments?

Regards,

Old 11-06-2014

Yep..... phony's and backstabbers are a dime a dozen. Such is the reality of today's "I/Me" society.

Soon, the pendulum will swing back to rest in the middle....

Regards,

Old 11-18-2014

I'm Thankful our Country is Still a
Refuge and Land of Opportunity

By Julie Roginsky - Published October 29, 2014 FoxNews.com

When I was 7 years old, my family and I landed at JFK Airport in New York City with $90 in our pocket, a few suitcases stuffed with what little we could carry and no idea of what to expect next.

We came here because we were fleeing a totalitarian regime, because generations of our family had been oppressed simply for existing and because the United States was a beacon for our hopes and aspirations, as it has been for millions of others around the globe.
The people literally dying to come here now do not believe that
our best days are behind us.
My paternal grandfather was sent to Soviet gulag in the prime of his life because he was a religious Jew who refused to work on Saturdays and, possibly, because some of his siblings had fled to France several years after the Russian revolution. He spent years working as a forced laborer on what was then called the Stalin White Sea-Baltic Canal, under primitive conditions. Thousands of his fellow inmates perished. He survived years of sadistic treatment but his health never recovered.

As a teenager, my father was drafted into the Soviet Army right before the Cuban Missile Crisis and sent to the Arctic, where he was forced to guard nuclear missiles aimed at the United States. He, too, survived three years in the military under brutal conditions.

In 1979, my parents and I were given permission by the Soviet authorities to immigrate but my elderly grandparents were denied an exit visa. They were told point blank that they would never see their only child and grandchild again. There was no reason given for why an old man and woman could not leave the country while their only caregivers could – other than to torture families who dared to question the Communist regime.

So six months later, when we disembarked at JFK, the United States owed my family nothing.

We had no money to support ourselves and my parents could not speak English well enough to immediately get a job commensurate with their education.

For a short time, we were on food stamps because we would not have been able to eat otherwise. In short, we were a burden until we were able to get on our feet and begin to give back.

Biannually, the month of November begins with divisive, partisan attacks and ends with a tradition of unity around the Thanksgiving table. Bombarded with negative campaign ads and depressing sound bites, it is no wonder that voters feel that our best days, as a nation, are behind us.

But take a moment, even as dissatisfaction with Washington crescendos, to consider this: which other nation on earth would allow penniless refugees, with nothing tangible to offer, unimpeded access to its national resources? Which other nation would ask its taxpayers to invest in immigrants without language skills or financial resources, with the tenuous hope that one day the taxpayers would earn a return on their investment?

Millions of people around the world don’t view the United States as dismally as we have learned to view ourselves. Despite our many challenges, this is still a nation to which immigrants flock because they want the United States to invest in their aspirations.

Generation after generation has asked for that investment and time and again, that investment has paid off for them individually and for our nation as a whole.

The people literally dying to come here now do not believe that our best days are behind us.

A week before an election is rarely a time for gratitude, especially when it comes to being grateful for what we, as a nation, have to offer. Campaigns often succeed because they appeal to the lowest common denominator by preying on voters’ anxieties. Gratitude for what we have rarely enters into the equation.

But that gratitude should not be saved for the Thanksgiving table. It should be acknowledged in the midst of a brutal election cycle. Despite our differences – and there are many – there is still no other place on earth that provides this kind of opportunity to strangers who want nothing more than to be part of a national dream.

Julie Roginsky has extensive experience in government, politics and public relations on both the federal and state levels. She is the president of Comprehensive Communications Group, a public relations and crisis communications firm that counts Fortune 500 corporations, elected officials and non-profit organizations among its clients.

SOURCE

Ed Note: This article tugs at my patriotic heart strings... The USA is and will remain the greatest place in the world. That's why I posted it here.

Regards,

Old 11-19-2014

Those who have never lived outside of the U.S are by far the biggest griefers, and most blind to the devious incremental changes that rob the U.S. of A of the rights, liberties and freedoms many take for granted.

If more born and bred U.S. citicens were to live and breathe in another country for a working year or more... their opinion and participation in our democratic system would be greatly enhanced. Not just for political awareness, but religious and economic appreciation.

Our media is the worst offender in breaking spirits with their endless consumerism and expoitation of greed and fear. Our education system isn't far behind, warped by diminishing standards by consistantly lowering quality and increasing costs. PPL are becoming increasingly debt ridden and uneducated victims because the lack of initiative and unwillingness to be challenged.

It would be nice if "BBC world news" was aired to compete with network programming, and all High School graduates had to take a class on interest rates/inflation and what they really mean. While I'm at it, bring back the "Pledge of Allegiance"!!!

T out

Old 11-20-2014

Fully agree..... been overseas many times and its true!

The USA tops them all.

Regards,