Go Back   RGN - Reliable Global News > RGN News, Reviews & Editorials > Editorials

Editorials Editorials, Rebuttals, Essays & Reviews

The State of Game Journalism
Old 09-01-2014
PFC

Jinnobi is on a distinguished road
Default The State of Game Journalism

Hi everyone. I came across this thread at mmo-champion.com and decided to share it here. Thoughts?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ame-Journalism

Old 09-01-2014
Site Owner - Administrator

RFMariano is a splendid one to beholdRFMariano is a splendid one to beholdRFMariano is a splendid one to beholdRFMariano is a splendid one to beholdRFMariano is a splendid one to beholdRFMariano is a splendid one to behold

Indies turning on supporters? Hah!! So what else is new?

Regards,

Old 09-01-2014
PFC

Jinnobi is on a distinguished road

Ultimately, yes - but the unfortunate truth goes deeper than that. These developers and journalists are using political correctness and buzzwords to lend "legitimacy" to their victim mentality, all while banging each other and censoring information that would criticize their lovers. Their integrity of authorship and professionalism has been compromised, and anyone who questions these people get demonized as just another inhumane troll/chauvinistic coward/man-child without critical thought/what have you.

Kinda like TWI and me, but that's not why I posted this.

The videos start off with that (imo) annoying voice, but if you can get past that there is some stunning information within. I'm personally tired of hearing that gamers are sexist and racist (true or not) from people who don't have a shred of professional decency themselves.

Old 09-01-2014
Site Owner - Administrator

RFMariano is a splendid one to beholdRFMariano is a splendid one to beholdRFMariano is a splendid one to beholdRFMariano is a splendid one to beholdRFMariano is a splendid one to beholdRFMariano is a splendid one to behold

Agreed.... but in the "big picture", its a byproduct of our own social structure. The last two generations have produced the most selfish, egoistic and narcissistic individuals since the advent of modern man.

In plain English, the "Hooray for Me and Fuck You" members of our society have become the majority thus, more readily noticed. While they and their behavior is totally unacceptable, it'll be a long time coming before today's asshats regain both self-respect and the respect of others. The "Do Unto Others as You Would have Them Do Unto You" concept appears to be long gone.

Just look at what TWI has done to RGN for offering truthful, constructive criticisms in parody form. Of course, I could go on and on.... but life's experience has taught me to be honest unto myself, say what's in my heart and watch the phonies of this world self destruct. They all do. Eventually.

Regards,